LEESBURG, GA (October 26, 2018) — The Salvation Army continues to distribute supplies through the southern counties of Georgia. Seven additional counties have been added to the service area making a total of 20 counties served. Cases of water, Gatorade, and snacks were left with the Century Fire Station in Leesburg, Georgia. The station is currently also functioning as a FEMA distribution center for the county.
In response to Hurricane Michael, The Salvation Army in Georgia has provided:
- 58,065 Meals
- 40,473 Drinks
- 32,515 Snacks
- 471 Clean-up Kits and Supplies
- 3,600 Food Boxes
- 1,160 Hygiene Kits
- 1,201 Cases of Water
- 3,896 Emotional and Spiritual consultations
- 16,008 hours of employee and volunteer service
- Hurricane Michael Disaster Relief Statistics for Georgia as of October 25, 2018
How to Help:
The best way to help survivors and relief workers is to make a financial contribution. Monetary donations allow disaster responders to immediately meet the specific needs of disaster survivors.
About The Salvation Army
- Donate by phone: 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769)
- Donate by mail: The Salvation Army, PO Box 1959, Atlanta, GA
- Please designate ‘2018 Hurricanes – Michael’ on all checks
- Donate online: www.HelpSalvationArmy.org
- Donate by text: Text STORM to 51555 to receive a donation link for easy mobile giving
The Salvation Army, established in London in 1865, has been supporting those in need without discrimination for more than 135 years in the U.S. More than 25 million Americans receive assistance from The Salvation Army each year through a range of social services: food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless, and opportunities for underprivileged children. The Salvation Army tracks the level of need across the country with the Human Needs Index (HumanNeedsIndex.org). The Salvation Army has served survivors of every major national disaster since 1900. The Salvation Army does not place an administrative fee on disaster donations. During emergency disasters, 100 percent of designated gifts are used to support specific relief efforts. For more information, go to www.SalvationArmyUSA.org or follow on Twitter @SalvationArmyUS.