April 29, 2014 - Oklahoma City, OK – The Salvation Army completed its first 24 hours of emergency disaster response for the Central Arkansas area hit by the tornadoes Sunday night. Initially, two mobile feeding units were deployed throughout the area feeding and hydrating survivors. Since early Monday morning, The Salvation Army has provided 566 prepared meals, 1,362 drinks and 540 snacks.
On Tuesday, The Salvation Army will deploy six canteens to the following locations:
• West Little Rock – Kanis Command Post, 34106 Kanis Road
• Vilonia – Dollar General Store, 1100 Main Street
• Mayflower – Mayflower City Hall, 2 Ashmore Street
• 2 roving canteens servicing affected areas in Vilonia
• 1 roving canteen serving affected area in Mayflower
Monetary donations are the most critical need as supplies and personnel are mobilized.• Donors are encouraged to give online at www.SalvationArmyUSA.org or by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769).
• You can also text the word “STORM” to 80888 to make a $10 donation through your mobile phone; to confirm your gift, respond with the word “Yes.”*
• Donations in the form of checks designated to Tornado Relief may also be mailed to:
The Salvation Army Disaster Relief
P.O. Box 1959
Atlanta, GA 30301
Updates will be provided as more information becomes available. Please follow us at www.twitter.com/SalArmyEDS, www.twitter.com/SalArmyAOKEDS, www.twitter.com/cindyfullerokc, www.twitter.com/SalArmyAOK, www.facebook.com/SalArmyAOK for additional information.
Contact: Cindy Fuller, Mobile: 405/830/6549
About The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army, an evangelical part of the universal Christian church established in 1865, has been supporting those in need in His name without discrimination for 130 years in the United States. Nearly 30 million Americans receive assistance from The Salvation Army each year through the broadest array of social services that range from providing food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless and opportunities for underprivileged children. 82 cents of every dollar spent is used to carry out those services in 5,000 communities nationwide. For more information, go to www.salvationarmyusa.org.