The Salvation Army has deployed multiple canteens (mobile kitchens) to two major wildfire areas in Northern California: the Butte Fire in Calaveras County and the Valley Fire in Lake County and Napa County. Teams are on the scene to serve meals for first responders and evacuees in both disaster sites.
Canteens from various Salvation Army locations (Auburn, Napa, San Rafael and Santa Rosa) are in the affected area:
· Kelseyville High School (5480 Main St, Kelseyville)
· Clearlake Senior Center (3245 Bowers Avenue, Clearlake)
· Clearlake Walmart (15960 Dam Rd, Clearlake)
So far, more than 1,800 meals have been served. Along the meal service, The Salvation Army will also provide emotional and spiritual care to residents seeking that assistance.
· Yesterday, Salvation Army canteens from San Francisco and Modesto arrived to replace a team from Lodi which had been serving in various sites in the towns of Valley Springs and Burson.
· The Salvation Army is now focusing efforts at two shelter locations: Jenny Lind Veterans Memorial District (189 Pine Street, Valley Springs) and Good Samaritan Church (4684 Baldwin Street, Valley Springs). The Salvation Army team is also utilizing the kitchens at the shelters sites.
· The Salvation Army is also serving at the Red Cross command center.
· Starting Wednesday, The Salvation Army will add a feeding location at the Calaveras County Fairgrounds, providing an additional 300 meals per day.
Since Thursday, nearly 3,000 meals have been provided for this fire scene.
Monetary donations are only needed at this time. The Salvation Army uses 100% of disaster donations in support of local disaster relief operations.
To give, http://salar.my/northerncaliforniawildfires or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769) and designate “Northern California Fires.” Donations by mail may be designated “Northern California Fires” and sent to:
The Salvation Army
PO Box 348000
Sacramento, CA 95834
In-kind donations are not currently being accepted outside the disaster area. However, these gifts are vitally important to your local Salvation Army. To give items locally, visit www.SATruck.com or call 1-800-SA-TRUCK.