Denver, CO (September 15, 2013 7:00AM) – Salvation Army emergency disaster services personnel have provided first responders and evacuees of the Colorado floods with more than 10,000 meals, drinks and nutritional items in just 72 hours.
The Salvation Army is currently providing disaster relief at the following locations:
· Salvation Army teams provided more than 2,000 meals, drinks and nutritional items to first responders and law enforcement at the Boulder County Incident Command Post and continue to provide support today.
· Personnel continue to provide support to evacuees at the Mapleton YMCA where Boulder County first requested The Salvation Army to provide assistance early Thursday morning.
· Salvation Army teams distributed more than 36,000 bottles of water generously provided by corporate partner King Soopers.
· The Salvation Army will continue to serve meals at Timberline Church. The shelter will remain available long-term over the next 30-90 days. Salvation Army personnel have served more 2,130 meals, drinks and nutritional items to evacuees at this location since it opened Friday.
· The Salvation Army’s Casper emergency disaster services team deployed to St. Vrain Memorial Building shelter and served more than 3,000 meals, drinks and nutiritional items to evacuees yesterday.
· The Salvation Army continues to provide support the Jefferson County Incident Command Post.
· Yesterday, Salvation Army personnel provided over 1,500 meals, drinks and nutritional items to first responders, bridge & road crews and law enforcement at this location.
Monetary donations are needed to help The Salvation Army help those affected during the days of storm ahead and during long-term recovery. The Salvation Army uses 100% of your disaster donations in support of local disaster relief operations.
To give, visit www.imsalvationarmy.org or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769) and designate “Colorado Floods.” You may also text GIVEHOPEIM to 80888 to donate $10 to The Salvation Army.* Donations by mail may be designated “Colorado Floods” and sent to:
The Salvation Army
P.O. Box 60006
Prescott, AZ 86304
In--kind donations are not currently being accepted outside the disaster area. However, these gifts are vitally important to your local Salvation Army. To give items locally, visit www.SATruck.com or call 1-800-SA-TRUCK.