Denver, CO (September 18, 2013 7:00AM) – In just five days, Salvation Army personnel and volunteers have given 734 hours of service to those impacted by the Colorado floods. Emergency disaster services teams have provided 31,575 meals and nutritional items and more than 183,000 beverages to first responders, law enforcement and evacuees since activation.
As areas slowly transition into the recovery phase, The Salvation Army prepares to provide additional support to those impacted by the floods at Disaster Assistance Centers, scheduled to begin operations in Adams, Boulder, Larimer and Weld Counties this week.
The Salvation Army is currently providing disaster relief at the following locations:
• The Salvation Army’s emergency disaster services team from Henderson, NV, arrived this evening. The team travels to Lyons tomorrow to support the Lyons Fire House.
• Deployed to provide meals to newly evacuated survivors at the Coors Event Center.
• Providing meals to first responders, law enforcement and rescue workers at the Boulder County Incident Command Post.
• Providing support to evacuees at the Mapleton YMCA and St. Vrain Memorial Community Center.
• The Salvation Army deployed additional personnel to meet the growing need for assistance at Ft. Collins’ long-term shelter Timberline Church.
• Salvation Army disaster personnel from Tucson, AZ, travel to Sterling Middle School to provide assistance to an isolated community previously receiving no resources.
• Serving first responders and law enforcement at the Milliken Fire Department.
The Salvation Army is grateful for the support of the public and corporate partners like King Soopers, Pepsi, Target and Wal-Mart, who allow us to providing relief on the ground to those impacted by the Colorado floods. Monetary donations are needed to help The Salvation Army help those affected during the days of storm ahead and during long-term recovery. The Salvation Army uses 100% of your disaster donations in support of local disaster relief operations.
To give, visit www.imsalvationarmy.org or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769) and designate “Colorado Floods.” You may also text GIVEHOPEIM to 80888 to donate $10 to The Salvation Army.* Donations by mail may be designated “Colorado Floods” and sent to:
The Salvation Army
P.O. Box 60006
Prescott, AZ 86304
In--kind donations are not currently being accepted outside the disaster area. However, these gifts are vitally important to your local Salvation Army. To give items locally, visit www.SATruck.com or call 1-800-SA-TRUCK.