The Salvation Army to Provide Heat Relief Services - Phoenix, AZ
The Salvation Army to Provide Heat Relief Services Across the Valley Today
Hydration Stations across the Valley will provide water, sunscreen, and other relief services
Phoenix, AZ (June 18, 2012) – As the Valley hits record high temperatures today, The Salvation Army will deploy ten hydration stations across the Valley to provide heat relief services until 2:00 p.m. Each location will provide chilled bottled water and safety information to individuals in or potentially in distress due to the heat.
The Salvation Army has deployed hydration stations five times this heat season providing thousands of bottles of water and heat relief services to hundreds of individuals across the Valley.
Hydration Stations are located at:
- SW corner 16th St. and Jefferson (East Lake Park)
- NE corner 3rd Ave. and Fillmore
- 35th Ave. and Roosevelt (Falcon Park)
- SW corner 5th St. and Hatcher
The Salvation Army Corps Locations:
- Phoenix Central Corps: 4343 N. 16th St., Phoenix, 85016
- Phoenix Maryvale Corps: 4318 W. Clarendon Ave., Phoenix, 85031
- Glendale Corps: 6010 W. Northern Ave., Glendale, 85301
- Chandler Corps: 85 E. Saragosa St., Chandler, 85225
- Mesa Corps: 241 E. 6th St., Mesa, 85201
- Tempe Corps: 40 E. University Dr., Tempe, 85281
The Salvation Army will be collecting bottled water (16.9 oz) throughout the summer. Individuals interested in donating can deliver water to 2707 E. Van Buren, Phoenix, AZ 85008. Contact Abby Rolfs at 602.267.4170 regarding donation information.
About The Salvation Army:
The Salvation Army has been serving Arizona since 1893. Through a broad array of programs the centers provide services to the homeless, working poor, children, youth, addicted, elderly, and abused. The Salvation Army is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. For more information, please visit www.salvationarmycares.org.
# # #