Salvation Army Service Center Locations for Northwest GA & Southeast TN Tornado Relief
Chattanooga, TN – May 23, 2011 - For over three weeks The Salvation Army has been serving on the front-lines of relief efforts assisting those who were affected by the deadly tornadoes that ripped through Northwest GA, and Southeast TN. The Salvation Army remains strong in its relief efforts providing the basic necessities like food, water, cleaning supplies, baby items, etc. Services are being provided at the local Disaster Recovery Centers.
The Salvation Army has combined its relief centers to the following two locations:
For the Northwest Georgia and Hamilton County Communities:
The Salvation Army East Lake Social Services, 2140 East 28th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37407.
Bradley County Community
The Salvation Army Distribution Warehouse, 2960 Barney’s Lane, Cleveland, TN.
Many residents are still in need. The Salvation Army is encouraging neighbors who were affected by the tornadoes and need relief services, to please visit The Salvation Army at one of the above centers. For more information please call The Salvation Army at 423-756-1023.
Neighbors can still help in relief efforts by donating!
Donations are the best way to help tornado survivors and rescue workers. Monetary donations allow disaster responders to immediately meet the specific needs of disaster survivors. The Salvation Army asks those who want to help to visit www.disaster.salvationarmyusa.org or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769) and designate their gift "April 2011 Tornado Outbreak." Checks may be made out to: The Salvation Army Disaster Relief, P.O. Box 100339, Atlanta, GA 30384-0339.
Since April 27, The Salvation Army has served tens of thousands of meals in affected areas across Northwest GA and Southeast TN. The following information represents services provided to disaster victims by The Salvation Army across the Southeast:
- The Salvation Army has served 232,934 meals, 566,982 sandwiches, snacks & drinks.
- At peak operations, The Salvation Army deployed 54 Mobile Feeding Units (Canteens), 1 Field Kitchen capable of producing 20,000 hot meals per day, 1 Shower Unit, and 2 Satellite Communications trailers.
- The Salvation Army has distributed 43,000+ hygiene kits.
- The Salvation Army has supplied 6,500+ cleanup kits.
- The Salvation Army has ministered through its Pastoral Care to 9,100+ individuals.
- The Salvation Army has begun helping with emergency Social Services in several locations.
- Salvation Army officers, employees and volunteers have served a total of 57,000+ hours