Salvation Army Follows Flood Waters Northeast to Logan, Sedgwick Counties
Denver, CO (September 17, 2013 8:00AM) – Since activation, The Salvation Army has provided more than 20,000 meals and nutritional items and a staggering 85,560 drinks to first responders, law enforcement and evacuees.
In the past 24 hours, The Salvation Army expanded services into Weld, Morgan and Logan Counties in response to the growing need for assistance across flood impacted areas of Colorado.
As flood waters move across the state, The Salvation Army prepares to provide for those areas to be hit in the days ahead. Additional Salvation Army emergency disaster personnel called in to manage increased needs arrived from Utah, Wyoming, Montana, California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Washington.
The Salvation Army prepares to move into Disaster Assistance Centers, scheduled to being operating in Boulder, Weld, and Larimer Counties in the next 48 hours.
The Salvation Army is currently providing disaster relief at the following locations:
· Deployed to provide meals to newly evacuated survivors at the Coors Event Center.
· Providing meals to first responders, law enforcement and rescue workers at the Boulder County Incident Command Post.
· Providing support to evacuees at the Mapleton YMCA.
· The Salvation Army will continue to serve meals at long-term shelter Timberline Church, where personnel served more than 800 meals yesterday and even cared for evacuees’ pets.
· Providing support to St. Vrain Memorial Community Center and Mead High School.
· Providing support to National Guard at the Arvada Fire Training Center.
· Serving first responders and law enforcement at the Miliken Fire Department.
Monetary donations are needed to help The Salvation Army help those affected during the days of storm ahead and during long-term recovery. The Salvation Army uses 100% of your disaster donations in support of local disaster relief operations.
To give, visit www.imsalvationarmy.org or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769) and designate “Colorado Floods.” You may also text GIVEHOPEIM to 80888 to donate $10 to The Salvation Army.* Donations by mail may be designated “Colorado Floods” and sent to:
The Salvation Army
P.O. Box 60006
Prescott, AZ 86304
In--kind donations are not currently being accepted outside the disaster area. However, these gifts are vitally important to your local Salvation Army. To give items locally, visit www.SATruck.com or call 1-800-SA-TRUCK.